Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The Change I Want

The years of anxious searching in the dark, with intense longing, intense alternations of confidence and exhaustion and the desire of final emergence into the light, has dragged me this far... All I know by now is that: education in India is not education, job is not job, job-security is a false perception, individuality is a luxury (enjoyed by few), passion is born from ignorance (as education itself is absent in the first place), desire is rudderless, truth is hidden.


I fail to understand, why we mould ourselves. And if we do, how we identify ourselves each day - different from yesterday. I fail to understand what's all this huhaha hubbub all about. Whither freedom, whither identity and whither originality?

If there's one thing I want to see changing in India, then its the the education system, grade system, absence of debating culture in colleges and universities.

"The years of anxious searching in the dark, with their intense longing, their intense alternations of confidence and exhaustion and the final emergence into the light—only those who have experienced it can understand it."
- Albert Einstein


To me the idea of "Job-security" is nothing but a false perception - an uneducated assessment of truth and capability of our own selves. I believe we are more capable that what we settle for. We negotiate while buying anything in market and try to get the best deal out of every thing. I wonder how we leave ourselves so early - without even exploring who we really are.

If my job security is a corollary of my being an employed to an MNC, then I consider such a theorem more disturbing than anything else in, around and about myself. My security, identity, essence of existence and success must be rooted in what I do and what I am rather than these big-shots of Capital market. If a company can be set up without the education that I have got but just pumping in money by investment bankers, then what was the idea behind educating me all life long? Was my education aimed at making myself eligible for the jobs that the companies offer today? These are trifling questions and I chose not to leave them unanswered. 

My answer is - "middle finger" to all the societal misconceptions and mass fears which are propagated, projected and presented as reality, by those who are themselves defeated in their search for excellence in them. My idea is to go for realization of Originality, Identity and Truth which is present in out own souls. 


I refuse to conform. I refuse to accept that this it and this is all. One who gets training, becomes an employee; one who is truly educated, becomes a free individual.

“To sell your soul is the easiest thing in the world. That's what everybody does every hour of his life. If I asked you to keep your soul - would you understand why that's much harder?”
― Ayn RandThe Fountainhead

No comments:

ऐसे भी तो दिन आयेंगे

 ऐसे भी तो दिन आयेंगे, बिलकुल तनहा कर जाएँगे रोयेंगे हम गिर जाएँगे, ख़ामोशी में पछतायेंगे याद करेंगे बीती बातें ख़ुशियों के दिन  हँसती रातें...